Tuesday 27 November 2012

Can Jesus save ET?

There are always one or two questions that make you chuckle when you ask people to fire away. This is one of my favorite ones from Sunday night:

Would God create another planet, in another solar system with the right living conditions to support human life or is it just ours?


The Bible is entirely silent on this issue! I'm not surprised. The Bible is entirely silent on the issue of the existence of the Americas. The Bible is entirely silent on the existence of Atlantis.

Could God create another habitable world? Yes.

Would he? I don't know. I hope so - and I hope we get the chance to connect with them.

My talk on Sunday night mentioned that we can see signs of God in the existence of something, evil and beauty. The more we can see of this elsewhere, the richer understanding we will have of God.

In the same way that uncovering the law of gravity helps us to see how Jesus is holding all things together, discovering another world will enhance our knowledge of God and inspire more worship.

God is a great artist and I love to see what he has created.

If you have time to listen to an awesome talk that will show your the great artist at work I seriously recommend checking out Louie Giglio here:

No comments:

Post a Comment